Banno Conversations help leverage the personal connection your FI cultivates in branches and applies it to users who would rather interact on their device than face-to-face. A conversation is a fully authenticated message chain between the end-user and your support team with full access to their accounts, payments, transactions, and more. Any information you need to help you with your users is readily available.
Starting a conversation
For your convenience, a conversation can be initiated from several locations.
Click Message on the Dashboard to initiate a conversation.
Start a conversation on the Messages card by clicking . Alternatively, click , followed by Start conversation.
Click to start a new conversation. Click to submit your message and initiate the conversation.
Click Start a conversation to start a new conversation. Click Send to submit your message and initiate the conversation.
Start a conversation on the Support card by clicking Message.
Start a conversation on the Support screen by clicking Start a conversation.
For an individual account, clicking Ask us about this account presents you with options for account inquiries. Click Start a new conversation to start a new conversation with account information pre-loaded. Add to a conversation prompts you to select an existing conversation to send account information to.
For an individual transaction, clicking Ask us about this transaction presents you with options for transaction inquiries. Click Start a new conversation to start a new conversation with transaction information pre-loaded. Add to a conversation prompts you to select an existing conversation to send transaction information to.
For an individual payment, clicking Ask us about this payment presents you with options for payment inquiries. Click Start a new conversation to start a new conversation with payment information pre-loaded. Add to a conversation prompts you to select an existing conversation to send payment information to.
Clicking allows you to attach files, accounts, transactions, and payments to your message. Selecting files opens the file browser, allowing you to upload files from your device. Selecting accounts, transactions, or payments prompts you to select one or multiple from the chosen category.
Once you receive a response in your conversation, you will be notified via push notification and email. A notification icon appears on the Messages tab, signifying the number of unread messages.
Forms in Conversations
A form is distinguished in Conversations by containing the Form heading in the message. Each form displays a status of “Not started” or “Submitted”. Until the form is submitted, it remains in the “Not started” status.
Viewing a form
Open a form by clicking Open form. From here, the end user can complete the form or click Close to cancel and return to the conversation.
Submitting a form
Once completed, submit a form by clicking Submit for review. From here, the end user receives a confirmation that the form has been submitted and can return to the conversation by clicking Return to conversation. Upon returning to the conversation, the form now has a status of “Submitted”.
- Are users alerted they have a reply from the institution?
- If the user hasn’t viewed the message from the institution within 10 minutes, they’re sent an email alerting them they have a new message from the FI.
- Enterprise users receive emails when a conversation is created, but they don’t receive emails for messages after that. Why?
- Emails for unread messages in a particular conversation send only to users who have joined that conversation. Enterprise users who are members of the Conversations notifications group receive emails when the conversation is initiated, but unless they join that conversation, they won’t receive emails for additional messages.
- How long does it take for notification emails for unread messages to send?
- Conversation initiation emails send to members of the notification group immediately.
- Unread message emails send after 10 minutes. Note: If a particular conversation opens in another browser tab, messages for that conversation are considered read, even if the browser isn’t focused on that tab.
Virus scanning and attachments
- Are file attachments scanned for viruses?
- Yes, file attachments are scanned for viruses and rejected if any abnormalities are discovered by the scan.
- Is there a list of allowed attachment file types?
- Currently, we allow uploads for files with the following extensions:
- Is there a file size restriction?
- Yes, attached files must be 20 MB or smaller.
- An enterprise user accidentally attached the wrong statements to a conversation. Is there any way to delete them?
- Yes, most attachments, messages, and internal notes can be removed from a conversation. Simply hover over the item to see available options. Depending on the type of item, you have the option to remove or edit.
- How are the agents listed in the conversation’s message page determined?
- The three most recent active Support users at the institution display on the message page.
- Do conversations expire on a regular basis?
- No, they don’t expire at this time.
- Do institutions have a way knowing if a comment was read by an end user within a conversation?
- No, we don’t currently support read markers/receipts.