Creating digital banking ads
Banno Marketing’s ad building tool allows you to create and edit ads quickly and easily. With simple drop down and text entry menus, your team can kick off campaigns as quickly as you have the idea. The builder will walk you through the process, but if you’re the kind of person who likes to know what it’s like under the hood, we’ve got you covered.
Navigating to ad creation
The ad builder can be accessed by navigating to the Campaigns screen in Banno Marketing and selecting a digital banking campaign from your list of available campaigns. Once you do so, you can click Create an ad in the upper right section of your screen. If you haven’t created any ads for the campaign yet, a link to ad creation will also appear under the Ads in this campaign section.
Making an ad
After selecting Create an ad, you’ll be presented with a list of templates to choose from. Clicking a template will show you a full view of that template in the preview section, including a description of the template. You’ll also have the ability to view the template as it will appear at its widest and its narrowest based on the device and layout the ad is displayed in. Once you’re confident in the template you’ve chosen, you can click Select this template at the bottom of the screen to continue on to ad customization.
Customizing your ad
The Customize your ad screen provides you with a variety of options, both required and optional, to make the ad your own. Required fields will be denoted with an asterisk in the ad builder.
- Name your ad
- Provide a name for this ad. While the name will not appear on the ad itself, this will be the name used to identify your ads internally. The name in the upper left of the ad builder screen will reflect changes to this field.
- Customize image
- If the selected template includes an image, you can customize the image in your ad. Clicking Select image will open the asset picker, allowing you to sort through your FI’s image library to select or upload an image for the background of your ad. After selecting an image, the asset name, alt text, and file size will appear in this field. If you need to change your selection, you can click the Change link next to your image’s thumbnail to open the asset picker again.
- Callout text
- This customizable text field appears on the ad and highlights the ad’s overall category.
- Callout icon
- If the selected template includes an icon, you can customize the icon in your ad. Clicking Select callout icon will open the icon picker and allow you to choose an icon. If an icon is already selected, clicking Change will open the icon picker and allow you to choose a different icon.
- This customizable text field appears on the ad prominently. This is usually the most visible text on the ad.
- This customizable text field appears on the ad in smaller text and can span multiple lines, outlining the main content of the ad.
- This customizable text field appears on the clickable button of your ad, encouraging the user to engage with the ad.
- Link to
- This dropdown determines where the Call-to-action link will lead. The dropdown has several possible options:
- One of my pages (CMS customers only)
- Selecting this option will produce another dropdown. For users with multiple CMS sites, this drop down will allow you to select which site you’d like to select a link from. Selecting a site will allow you to select the specific page you’d like to link to. For users with only one CMS site, you will only receive the second drop down prompting you to select a page.
- Website URL
- Selecting this option will produce a text entry, allowing you to enter a URL. If the URL entered is invalid, an error will be displayed.
- App Feature
- Selecting this option will produce another dropdown, allowing you to select a section of the app to send the user to.
- Selecting this option will produce another dropdown, allowing you to select one of your FI’s usable SSO integrations to send the user to.
Once all required fields have been filled out with valid information, the Save button at the top of your screen will become available and you can save your ad. Once saved, you will be taken to the ad details screen where you can review details, activate your ad, or return to the campaigns page.
For a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions, see Banno Marketing FAQ.